Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service implies stashing and/or sharing specific content on a web server managed by a web hosting vendor. There are various groups of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a peek at these. Thus, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to build a web page, mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by some web hosts, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are often supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between individual hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web site hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a big quantity of pics with pals or acquaintances since the service is mostly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your email addresses. Some distributors provide hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to possess as many video files as you desire without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to keep a website. To a certain degree, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal email/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for particular web content exclusively.